Monday 7 October 2013

A new, old quilt.....


Weaving for my college course seems to have taken over so much
of my spare time this last year that I don't really have
 any new stitching to post here but......
 finally a picture of the Blackbird wall hanging completed!

......I did say, many moons ago, that I would show you the completed article!! :0)

The new, old quilt of my title is a small piece I made for my nephew when he was born
which is now more than 4 years ago!!!
At the time I completely forgot to take any images 
and I have only just put that to rights this last month.


...his parents did not want anything conventionally babyish
so I chose a much stronger image for his later years!

 Each part of the image has a meaning associated with it...


...and I used my fabric paints to add highlights as well as couching
 and the quilting stitches themselves.


Once again I fell for using a celtic style braiding pattern on the border,


...and used a plain backing of a soft lemon colour.
A little different to say the least but I remember enjoying creating this little
lap quilt so much.

Best wishes,  Ash.

1 comment:

  1. You do such gorgeous work. Your many talents astound me!!

    ReplyDelete