Monday 25 March 2013

Hello, still here!

Its been such a long time since I have posted purely on quilting,
if weaving gives me a chance I would love to pick up the needle again!

Just thought I would update with the makes I have made through the last year,
maybe it will nudge me into stitching once again!  :0)

This one I called 'The Divide'...a very personal wall hanging.




This is quite a small piece called 'The Balance',
I loved the hand printed border bought at a show and it matched perfectly the wool I used to
crochet the motif.


This has been one of my most intricate quilted wall hangings
 where I ventured into embroidery too ...can't find a full picture right now...hmmm
in here somewhere will let you know.
Anyway it shows a blackbird sat on a bough of apple blossom
sat in front of a stylised landscape surropunded by a stitched celtic patterned border.



I shall have to go around to the gallery and get a full picture...

Best wishes,  Ash.






8 comments:

  1. Oh, my, these two pieces are just delightful. The handquilting is exquisite and I love the blackbird on black. True works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blackbird is my favourite piece so far, thankyou for your your lovely words of support.

      Delete
  2. Lovely wallhangings! I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, quilting is my other love alongside the fibres I work with!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou for those kind words, glad you dropped by.

      Delete
  4. Hallo Ash
    Wieder wunderbare Werke zeigst du uns, vielen Dank.
    Ich bleibe jetzt als treue Leserin bei dir, so verpasse ich nichts.

    Liebe GrĂ¼sse
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all. the divide quilt is really a neat pattern.

    ReplyDelete